We’ll Trade You Food for Fines
Project Erases Late Fees and Hunger
Dillsburg Area Public Library wants to make a trade with library members who have late fees. All YCL libraries will reduce a library cardholder’s late fees by one dollar for each non-perishable item he or she donates at the library. The food drive provides members with a way to erase their late fees and help feed hungry community members at the same time. Food collected will be distributed to area food banks and organizations across York County.
Libraries are so important in the lives of our community members. Providing a child, a family or an individual access to all the resources available at the library is extremely important to us. – Mina Edmondson, Martin Library Director
Program Runs May 1 to 31st
The Food for Fines program runs the entire month of May during our regular operating hours.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- All food donations should be non-perishable items in cans, boxes, bags, or pouches.
- The libraries will not accept out-of-date food, dented or rusted cans.
- The program applies to late fees only and does not credit to items that have been lost.
Here are a few things that members have donated in the past:
- Cereal, Oatmeal
- Soup, Stew
- Beets, Corn, Potatoes, etc.
- Macaroni and Cheese, Spaghetti Noodles, Pasta
- Spaghetti Sauce, Tomato Paste, Tomato Sauce, Pizza Sauce
- Juice, Tea
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Meat: Tuna, Chicken, Salmon
Where the Food Goes
Food will be collected at the library and donated to New Hope Ministries in Dillsburg.