Because libraries help start the job search…
Finding the Right Job for You
Are you looking for a new job, but don’t quite know where to start? York County Libraries can provide the proper resources and materials to help you begin your search! With local job listing boards and regional job fairs throughout the year, we can get you connected to employers both near and far. No previous job-seeking experience is required.
Preparing for Your Next Career Move
Not only can we help you discover job opportunities, but we can also assist you with career preparation. Adults and Teens are welcome to utilize any of the job preparation help we offer. Some of the services we provide include:
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
- Application process help
- Technology access and support for applying, emailing, navigating job websites, and more.
At Martin Library, we have a Get that Job! workshop held every Friday at 10:30 am. In these sessions, you will:
- Learn the essentials of building a simple resume or cover letter
- Receive help with building your resume and customizing it for each job application
- Get layout and job description suggestions
Our other York County Libraries can also provide you with the materials and resources you may need to help you find and prepare for your next job. Ask your Adult/Information Services Desk at your local library for more information.