Share your poetry with the community during our Celebration of Poetry 2021!
Each year, we ask students from across York and Adams Counties to submit their best poems for our annual Celebration of Poetry. The judges read dozens of entries in six different age brackets:
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
- Grades 9-10
- Grades 11-12
Let your creativity soar! Previous poem entries have included themes of nature, people, trips, and the universe!
Read the 2020 Winning Poems
Download a printable copy of the 2020 “A Celebration of Poetry” book here.
Watch the Celebration of Poetry winners read their poems:
Congratulations to all of our 2020 winners, and a huge thank you to all who entered—please keep writing and sharing your work with the world. The world needs its poets and artists!
Ready for 2021?
There will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winner in each age bracket. A compilation of winning poems will be added to the collection at York County Libraries. Winning submissions will be added to this page shortly after the celebration in April.
2021 important dates
- Poems may be submitted starting November 16, 2020
- Final submissions due Friday, January 29, 2021
- Celebration of Poetry will be held in April -more details to come!
Guidelines for Submission
- Entrants must be between Grades 1-12
- Entrants may submit one original poem in the style of their choice
- Poems must be the work of an individual, and not a group or collaboration
- Poems should be typed or neatly printed
- Contact information should not be included directly on the poem – include it on your entry form or email **This is part of our fair judging process
- Any accompanying artwork must be original
- Poems will become the property of York County Libraries and will not be returned, so please keep a copy of your poem for yourself
How to Submit:
- Online – fill out the entry form below, attach your poem and submit.
- Email – Send an email with your entry information and attached poem as a .docx or pdf file. Be sure to include the student name, parent name, parent phone, email, school name and grade, and teacher name in your email.
- Mail – Send completed 2021 Celebration of Poetry Entry Form (coming soon!) and poem to Martin Library, Attn: Youth Services, 159 E. Market Street, York, PA 17401
- Drop off – Take your 2021 Celebration of Poetry Entry Form (coming soon!) and poem to Martin Library ’s Children’s Library, 159 E. Market Street, York, PA 17401
For additional information email [email protected]
Sorry, this form is no longer available. Thank you to this year's participants. Check back in December 2020 to compete in next year's Celebration of Poetry!