Employee Matching Gifts are donations a company makes to match its employees’ charitable contributions. Employee matching gifts are typically dollar-for-dollar but some companies go even further by tripling or quadrupling their employees’ donations.
Step 1: Make a donation to York County Libraries.
Step 2: Ask your employer if they match gifts.
Step 3: Follow the instructions specific to your employer to have your gift matched.
York County Libraries welcomes gifts of stocks and by wire transfer. When making your gift, please contact the Development Office at 717–849–6976 or [email protected] to receive account information and inform us of your gift.
Did you know that many of our library locations can directly benefit from your Amazon purchases? AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your local library every time you shop- and it comes at zero cost to you. This type of donation is made by Amazon in your honor.
To utilize AmazonSmile while you shop, go to smile.amazon.com to select the library you wish to donate to. Simply select one of the libraries from the list below on smile.amazon.com, and use smile.amazon.com for your online shopping.
Please Note: Purchases made on Amazon.com will not benefit the library. Please use smile.amazon.com if you wish to donate while you shop.
- York County Library System
- Friends of the Collinsville Library
- Dillsburg Public Library
- Dover Area Community Library Association
- Friends of the Red land Community Library
- Glatfelter Memorial Library
- Hufnagel Public Library of Glen Rock
- Hanover Public Library Association Inc.
- Friends of the Kreutz Creek Valley Library Center
- Kaltreider-Benfer Library
- Paul Smith Library of SYC
- Mason-Dixon Public Library
- Martin Library Association
Our 13 Libraries have books available for purchase at their locations. The selection of books available for purchase at every location is always changing, and they are a great value- nothing is over $5.00!
York County Libraries gratefully accepts donations of material goods and non-cash contributions, which are in line with its mission and programming. Accepted donations, at the discretion of the individual library, include:
- Items, including food, to be used for events or programs sponsored by York County Libraries or Friends Groups, e.g. items donated for a raffle, to be sold at auction, to be given to participants in a library-sponsored program (e.g. SummerQuest).
- Advertising (print, billboard, radio time, television time) for which there has been no charge to York County Libraries.
- A donation of services.
Note: Contributed services cannot be counted as a gift and do not qualify as a charitable tax deduction to the donor. However, a donor of services may be able to deduct expenses incurred while performing said services. In such cases, the donor should be advised to consult with a tax accountant.
Note regarding tax credit: It is the sole responsibility of the donor to determine the value of a contributed item; York County Libraries staff members are unable to assign a value to the donated item(s).
Please contact your local York County Library to discuss your in-kind donation.
Our libraries are happy to accept new or used books in good condition! Read more here.
Library Honors Events
York County Libraries’ Honors Events highlight prominent library supporters and community members. A key component of the Honors Event is to raise funds in the name of our Honorees. The host libraries then use these proceeds to help add to their collection. You can learn more about Library Honors Events here.
For questions about supporting your local library, please contact York County Libraries Development Office at [email protected] or 717-849-6979. Thank you for thinking of York County Libraries!