York County Libraries offers its members access to eBooks and audiobooks through Libby*. Enjoy new bestsellers and old favorites on your compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer!
*Data charges from your mobile network may apply when downloading
Libby by OverDrive
Libby, by OverDrive is York County Libraries’ newest e-reading platform.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, and more from your local library for free!
- Libby is available as both a mobile app or the website/internet browser
- Borrow up to 5 items at a time
- Place up to 10 holds at a time
- eBooks and eAudiobooks lend for up to 14 days
Download the app to get started:
- Android Devices: Google Play Store
- Apple iOS Devices: App Store
- Kindle Fire Tablets: Amazon
- Also available directly through the Kindle Appstore!
Getting started with Libby
- Libby Help Site: help.libbyapp.com
- The Libby Help site has a variety of useful tutorials, steps, and videos to help get you started with Libby!
- Want to become an expert on using Libby? Register for one of these online webinars!
- Contact Us: Send us a message here.
- Start guide for smartphones, tablets, and Kindle Fires
- Using Libby with Amazon Kindle ereaders (including Paperwhite, Oasis, and Scribe)
- Using Libby with non-Kindle ereaders (Kobo, Nook, etc. )
Click on Details below to watch an overview of the Libby app:
Scroll down and click on the play button (triangle) to start the video.
Other eBook platforms
Explore more eBooks from our Online Resources portal!