York County Libraries offers its members access to eBooks and audiobooks through Libby and Hoopla*. Enjoy new bestsellers and old favorites on your compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer!
*Data charges from your mobile network may apply
Libby by OverDrive
Libby, by OverDrive is York County Libraries’ newest e-reading platform.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, and more from your local library for free!
- Libby is available as both a mobile app or the website/internet browser
- Borrow up to 5 items at a time
- Place up to 10 holds at a time
- eBooks and eAudiobooks lend for up to 14 days
Download the app to get started:
- Android Devices: Google Play Store
- Apple iOS Devices: App Store
- Kindle Fire Tablets: How to Install Libby
York County Libraries’ digital collection is also available online at LibbyApp.com (view on your browser or computer) as well as the YCL OverDrive website.
Getting started with Libby
- Libby Help Site: help.libbyapp.com
- The Libby Help site has a variety of useful tutorials, steps, and videos to help get you started with Libby!
- Want to become an expert on using Libby? Register for one of these online webinars!
- Contact Us: Send us a message here.
- Start guide for smartphones and non-Fire tablets
- Start guide for Amazon Fire tablets
- Using Libby with Amazon Kindle ereaders (including Paperwhite, Oasis, and Scribe)
- Using Libby with non-Kindle ereaders (Kobo, Nook, etc. )
Click on Details below to watch an overview of the Libby app:
Scroll down and click on the play button (triangle) to start the video.
- Download or stream eBooks, audiobooks, music, movies, and TV shows
- Borrow up to 3 items each calendar month with no wait list
- Music lends for 7 days
- Video lends for 3 days
- eBooks, audiobooks, and graphic novels lend for 21 days
Other eBook platforms
Explore more eBooks from our Online Resources portal!