Sharing your passion for lifelong learning and literacy
Read about your options for Planned Giving below, including:
- Beneficiary Designations
- Retirement Plans
- Charitable & Lead Trusts
- Gifts of Real Estate
Learn about which option may be best for you with this planned giving resource.
Planned Giving with York County Libraries
Today’s planned gift ensures the future of library services for generation to come. Thank you for sharing a community passion for lifelong learning and literacy!
A Planned Gift to York County Libraries will benefit generations to come. Our legacy donors are people just like you who want to guarantee that our libraries continue to provide programs and services for many years to come. With a legacy gift, your impact can continue beyond your lifetime. In one hundred years, you can still be changing lives. This could be the most important gift you ever make.
Legacy giving can provide immediate benefits that will give you the satisfaction of knowing that your personal philanthropic goals will be met.
All of us, regardless of age or wealth, have the ability to leave a legacy. Your legacy gift of any size can be customized and structured to fit your family’s needs, your financial situation, your dreams and your lifestyle. You can provide support for a particular library or area of interest.
Leaving a legacy is simple. Some options include:
Including your local library in your will or trust is a thoughtful way to benefit future generations. You can specify an amount, percentage or residue from your estate to benefit your library.
Naming your library as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, annuity, CD or retirement plan can be an effective way to eliminate estate taxes.
Donating assets from your 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan to benefit your local library can be a good choice of giving.
Establishing trusts that pay yearly income to you or the library may provide estate tax benefits.
Donating property to your library may provide immediate tax benefits and eliminate estate taxes. Coin collections, jewelry and art may have donor value and benefit the library.
What can I do today to make a planned gift?
- If you have already arranged a Planned Gift to your local library, please let us know. We would like to honor your support and encourage others to follow your lead.
- Contact York County Libraries and have a conversation with Director of Development, Janine Pflaum at (717) 849-6976
- Complete a Letter of Intent
- Be sure to talk to your family and friends about your plans and personal wishes in addressing family needs as well as your legacy gifts.
- Formalize your commitment. Your attorney or financial advisor can assist you in determining what type of gift best suits your circumstances.