Imagine. Discover. Connect.
We’re building tomorrow’s transformational centers of our community.
York County Libraries is moving far beyond books, turning into agile, innovative institutions serving real-life needs. We serve more than 1,500,000 visitors annually, with 250,000 library cardholders and 111,000 program attendees. Our plans for the future include adding and improving a combined 28,000+ square feet of space in three of our libraries.
Join our Campaign to transform lives and build community
Join in our 5-Million Dollar Capital Campaign as we work to expand our libraries’ services for children, teens and adults. This is the largest expansion of our libraries in more than a decade and we want you to take part as we grow to meet the needs of our community.
Three Libraries, One Goal
Our plans for the future include adding and improving a combined 28,000 square feet of space in three of our libraries. We’re planning for the future with expanded programs and services core to our mission serving children, teens and adults at three libraries in our county-wide network.
Martin Library – $6M Investment
- Reinventions to allow for creative space and services well into the years to come
- Exterior restoration including windows, entrance, energy efficiencies and historic preservation
- Secure airport-style public restrooms
- Expanded, heightened, brightened space with digital media labs and a variety of hands-on learning zones
- 18,000 square feet of community space, self-check-out stations and smaller, centrally located customer service areas
Click here to see Martin Library’s future plans.
Kreutz Creek Library – $2M Investment
- New 8,000+ square feet library
- Open service areas
- Meeting spaces and seating
- Additional PCs, technology & service enhancements
- Dedicated children’s, teen and program spaces
Click here to see Kreutz Creek Library’s future plans.
Kaltreider-Benfer Library -$2M Investment
- 14,000 square feet of expanded and repurposed space
- Open service areas – heightened visibility, safety and security
- Dedicated teen space and larger children space
- Additional windows for more natural lighting
Click here to see Kaltreider-Benfer Library’s future plans.