We can help you: Get Ready to Prepare your Income Taxes
York County Libraries are here to assist anyone in need of help with their yearly tax preparation. This page is your guide to anything you need to lead you in the right direction when it comes to your personal income taxes. Check out the links below to find what will help you with your tax journey.
Forms and Instructions
Federal IRS Tax Forms & Instructions
For tax year 2018, you will no longer use the 1040A or 1040EZ form. Instead, the IRS is providing a redesigned 1040 form:
- 1040 & Instructions
- 1040 Schedules
- W-2 & Instructions
- W-4 & Withholdings Calculator
- W-9 & Instructions
Pennsylvania Income Tax Forms & Instructions
- 2018 Personal Income Tax Forms & Instructions
- PA40 & Instructions
- PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate Forms & Instructions
York Income Tax Forms & Instructions
Tax Preparation Assistance
AARP offers free tax preparation assistance through their Foundation Tax-Aide Program. Membership is not required, and their services are open to all ages, all you need to get started is a Photo ID, Proof of social or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) for anyone listed on the tax return, and last year’s tax return is always helpful.
Keep in mind that AARP Tax-Aide volunteers can prepare most personal income tax returns, including those with basic self-employment income. They are not trained to do business returns such as corporate, partnership, limited partnership, farm income, or rental income.
Call the location nearest you to make an appointment:
- Messiah United Methodist Church (York) 717-771-9042
- York Alliance Church 717-771-9042
- Union Fire Company (Manchester) 717-771-9042
- Aldersgate United Methodist Church (York) 717-771-9042
- Red Land Senior Center (Lewisberry) 717-938-4649
- Dover Area Community Library 717-292-6814
- Eastern Area Senior Center 717-252-1641
- Shrewsbury Grace UM Church 717-993-3488
- Hanover Church of the Brethren 717-633-6353
- Golden Connections Community Center (Red Lion) 717-244-7229
- Windy Hill on the Campus (Spring Grove) 717-225-0733
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
VITA is a program that offers free tax help to people who make $54,000 or less, have disabilities, or are limited speaking in the English language. The Volunteers at VITA provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to those individuals who qualify.
Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
TCE provides free tax help for all taxpayers 60 years of age or older. The one difference from this organization to VITA is that they specialize in answering questions about pensions and retirement related issues. These TCE sites are generally operated by the AARP Foundation’s Tax Aide Program.
Where can you find these two organizations?
Use the VITA/TCE Locator Tool or call: VITA/TCE: 800-906-9887
Free Income Tax Filing
You can file your taxes for free after your tax prep is complete.