Think SummerQuest is just for kids? Think again!
Summer is a great time for people of any age to learn, read, and enjoy all that York County Libraries has to offer! During 2023, we have a number of great opportunities for adults aged 19 and better to join in.
Looking for information about kids’ SummerQuest? Visit our SummerQuest page here!
Multiple ways to participate this summer
Do Bingo, do events, or read books! Or all three!
Play SummerQuest Adult Book Bingo
- Go to one of the 13 York County Library locations and pick up a copy of the Adult Book Bingo card
- You can also print a copy at home. Click here!
- Choose a row that you’d like to complete, or try to fill the entire card!
Need a reading recommendation?
- Ask for help from staff, or check out book displays in your library
- See our latest offerings in our weekly Wowbrary newsletter
- Follow our social media and find other readers with shared interests
- Browse the YCL Recommends blog feed
Take part in events
- Programs and events happen throughout the summer.
- Check out the Events Calendar on our website
- Visit a new library! Did you know? YCL members can attend events and check out books at any of our locations.
- Take on the 23 in 2023 Reading Challenge on Beanstack, which runs through December 31 (your Book Bingo reading counts for this challenge too!)
Hit the trails
York County Libraries’ partner WellSpan Health runs the Get Outdoors York! (GO York!) program each year. 30 posts are hidden in parks throughout York County. Hikes range from easy to difficult. It’s an excellent opportunity to explore our beautiful green spaces!
- Download the hike instructions from goyork.org OR check out our 2023 GO York! blog here.
- GO York! runs from June 1 to August 20, 2023
- When you complete a hike, you’ll find a secret code. Enter it in Beanstack to log your hike!
- Those who complete 4 or more hikes will be entered to win a prize drawing courtesy of WellSpan Health.
- Complete all 30 hikes to max out your entries for the adults’ prize drawing!
Join the Beanstack Challenge
Beanstack is the app we use for tracking challenges and reading. Check out our helpful webpage here for how-tos, or watch our how-to registration video here:
You’ll need to download the Beanstack Tracker App from the App Store or Play Store, create an account using your York County Libraries card, and register for the challenge.
Note: Do not use “Beanstack Go” to sign up for Beanstack. Use the “Library, school, bookstore” option
Have a great summer!
We hope to see many of you in our libraries, at our events, and on the trails this summer!