Ready for some questions?
- You must use YCL digital resources available on yorklibraries.org/online-resources to find your answers. Screenshot the answer when you find it, or submit the URL of the exact webpage within the resource where you found the answer.
- Don’t post your answer online! Instead email it to [email protected] to submit your answer. Please include your name for the entry.
Week 2 Theme: Renowned Rabbits
1. Children love the characters of Rosemary Wells. One of her rabbits is named Morris. Locate Morris’s Disappearing Bag and read along, then find out which kind of rabbit has long hair.
2. In The Looney Tunes’ famous episode, “What’s Opera, Doc,” Bugs Bunny sings Wagner’s piece “Die Walküre,” which translates from its original German into “The Ride of the Valkyries.” Using Library Resources, take a lesson in the German language and screen shot your progress.
3. In Watership Down, Richard Adams wrote a classic tale of survival featuring a small group of rabbits in England. He invented a term for the instinctive freeze in moments of rabbit terror. What was that term?
4. Not all heroes wear capes… some are just furry ronin, like Miyamoto Usagi! In the “Usagi Yojimbo” comic series, he got the chance to team up with some famous friends. Using library resources, figure out who these rad dudes were and take a screenshot of the description page!
5. A favorite of all generations are the characters of Beatrix Potter. These famous characters include Peter Rabbit, Tom Kitten, Squirrel Nutkin, Mrs. Tittlemouse and many others. Find the audio book of The Tales of Beatrix Potterand find out who is Peter’s, Mopsy’s, Flopsy, and Cottontail’s cousin. Please post the URL.
Remember, don’t post your answers online. Let others join in the fun too!
Email a screenshot of the answer (or copy the website address) from a YCL online resource to [email protected] to enter!
Missed Week 1? You can still submit answers for it:
YCL Brain Bonanza 1: Notorious Fools