Services Added – Effective March 2, 2022
With COVID-19 conditions improving, York County Libraries will reinstate in person programs at most locations starting in March. Wearing a mask while in the library and at library programs will be optional. Libraries will be open for regular operating hours, offer browsing, computer access, and other in-library services. Meeting rooms will also be available at several library locations.
Services at Martin Library:
Due to construction, Martin Library will continue to offer browsing of its children’s collection only and holds pickup in the Children’s Room. The limited seating in Martin Library’s Children’s Room is currently reserved for caregivers with children only. Members should enter the library using the Queen Street entrance into the Children’s Room, which is the only part of the library currently available. The rest of the library is expected to reopen this spring.
- Mason-Dixon Public Library in Stewartstown is adding Saturday hours. Starting March 5th, the library will be open Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The brand new Kreutz Creek Library in Hellam is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., and is closed on Sundays. Their grand opening celebration will be held during the week of April 11th.
Key things to know…
- All YCL locations are open for browsing.
- Due to construction, Martin Library’s Children’s Room is the only area of the library that will be open for browsing until construction is completed in spring 2022.
- All YCL locations except Martin Library will offer computer services starting Monday, February 7th.
- Seating areas are available for reading and Wi-Fi use at most locations.
- Due to construction and space constraints, the limited seating in Martin Library’s Children’s Room is currently reserved for caregivers with children only.
- In-person programs are returning at most locations beginning in March. Check the YCL events calendar for details.
- A variety of library programs can be viewed on demand via YCL’s YouTube channel.
- Masks are optional.
Place a Hold:
- YCL members can place holds online or by phoning the library.
- The library emails members when items are ready for pick up.
- Extensive online services are available.
- Cardholders have access to over 80,000 digital books, audiobooks, music, comics, and movies for free.
- Check the calendar for upcoming programs on Zoom, YouTube, or Discord.
- Members can continue using library book drops to return borrowed materials or return items to their library’s circulation desk.
Starting March 2, 2022
Services Available at All YCL Locations:
- In-library pickup of materials placed on hold
- 3-week loan period for books and audiobooks
- Interlibrary loan from other library systems
- New materials arriving regularly
- Book return to book drops and at member service desks
Health & Safety Measures:
- Masks/face coverings are optional
- Hand sanitizer supplied for member use at libraries
- Social distancing measures advised
- Plastic barriers and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
Availability varies by location:
Items & Services
- In person programs
- Meeting rooms
- Book Bundles
- Grab & Go Kits – crafts for kids and teens
- Toys for playing and learning at the library
- STEAM Kits
- Board Books
- Book recommendation service
- Pickup of hotspots placed on hold – rental fee $30 for 3 weeks
- DVDs – rental fee $2 for 1 week
- Magazines are available for check out
- At-library payments and donations
- Township Office delivery service available for Manchester and Springettsbury Township residents
- Online Holds
- Over 80,000 Digital eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies, Music, & Comics
- Over 80 Online Resources
- K-12 learning resources for students, parents, and teachers
- Digital Story Times, crafts, and programs for children on YCL’s YouTube channel
- Video on Demand programs, book discussions, and author events for adults on YCL’s YouTube channel.
- Discord Server and online activities for teens
- Request a Library Card
- Online Payments & Donations
- Account Management
- Need help or have questions? Please contact us.
Hours and service offerings are subject to change in tandem with significant increases or decreases in York County COVID-19 cases. For your library’s current hours, please visit their webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all YCL locations are open for browsing and in-library services. Please Note: Due to construction, Martin Library is offering browsing of its children’s collection only and holds pickup in the Children’s Room. Members should enter the library using the Queen Street entrance into the Children’s Room, which is the only part of the library currently available. The limited seating in Martin Library’s Children’s Room is currently reserved for caregivers with children only. The other areas of the library will reopen following completion of construction which is anticipated to be finished sometime this spring.
Yes, public access computers are available at all library locations except one. Martin Library is currently unable to offer this service due to ongoing construction.
Starting in March, meeting rooms will be available for use at some YCL locations. Please check with your library for details. Due to construction, meeting rooms are not available at Martin Library.
Seating areas are available for reading and Wi-Fi use at most locations. However, due to construction, the limited seating in Martin Library’s Children’s Room is currently reserved for caregivers with children only.
Borrowing Materials & Holds
Yes, some library locations are offering themed book bundles. Check with your library about availability.
Masks are optional.
Please return them to the library’s book drop or to the circulation desk.