Kaltreider-Benfer Library will open with limited services at Windsor Manor Elementary School, 2110 Windsor Road, on Monday, May 23. Members should use the school’s Second Street entrance and rear door 5A to access the library. Thanks to the elementary school and the Red Lion Area School District, the library has a temporary place to operate while its permanent location at 147 S. Charles Street is closed for expansion and renovation. The project is expected to be completed in early 2023.
The following services will be available:
- Book checkout & return
- Holds pickup Browsing of new items (kids/adults)
- Browsing of large print books
- DVD rentals (kids/adults)
- Copies & Scanning
- Printing (email library & pick up prints)
- SummerQuest registration & prizes
- Summer story times and programs
These services are not available:
- After-hours book return
Things to Know
- Use the school’s Second Street entrance and rear door 5A to access the library.
- Return books during open hours only.
- Need something after-hours? Your library card works at all YCL locations.
- Library staff members are available to renew your books and answer questions at 717.244.2032.
- Directions to Windsor Manor Elementary School can be found here.
Summer Fun Ahead
Packing up over 40,000+ books hasn’t stopped the library from planning some great activities for kids and families this summer. Here’s just a few of the fun things planned:
StoryWalk® at Windsor Wonderland Park
Take a walk through Windsor Wonderland Park this summer and read some great stories together.
- Inky’s Amazing Escape by Sy Montgomery will be up in time for Memorial Day weekend.
- One Tiny Turtle by Nicola Davies will be posted in time for the Fourth of July.
- Atlantic by G. Brian Karas will go up the week of July 25th and be available through Sunday, August 21.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. StoryWalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
More Outdoor Fun
The Tale of Freddie the Fish w/ Penn State Master Watershed StewardsGeared to ages 6 & up, but preschool age welcome. Learn about pollution and look for macroinvertebrates in the creek Location: Klines Run Park, Lock 2 Recreation Area Date: Monday, June 20 at 10:00 a.m. rain date: Friday, June 24 at 10:00 a.m.
She Sells Sea Shells Story TimeAll ages enjoy stories and activities with shells Location: Windsor Wonderland Park
Date: Tuesday, July 12 at 10:00 a.m.
“Island” themed Story TimeAll ages come and enjoy stories and activities about islands Location: Hopewell Area Recreation Area Date: Tuesday, June 28 at 10:00 a.m.
Crabby Story TimeAll ages enjoy stories and activities about crabs and other crustaceans Location: Clayton Ely Emig Park Date: Tuesday, August 9 at 10:00 a.m.