Puppeteer Adam Swartz will present “Alice and Jimmy’s Epic Rock Dream” at 13 York County Libraries from June 26-29 and July 2 as part of the 2018 SummerQuest: Libraries Rock! program.
The interactive puppet show features a variety of musical styles and two original songs. The stars of the show are puppets Alice and Jimmy who work together to face their fears and realize their dreams. According to Swartz, they encounter bullies, make new friends, and need lots of help from the audience along the way. It is free to attend the program and no registration is required for families to rock out with Alice and Jimmy at their local library.
Swartz holds a degree in Integrative Arts from Penn State University and trained with the Brooklyn Puppet Conspiracy and Sesame Workshop puppeteers. He has been traveling the United States since 1999, using his powers of storytelling and puppetry for good. He creates and performs original, interactive puppet shows to entertain and educate crowds of all ages. “It is my goal to reach as many people as I can and encourage them to use their imaginations, to be creative, and open their minds to learning and doing good things in the world,” says Swartz.
“Adam has been a recurring performer at our libraries over the years. He is talented, entertaining, and an absolute family favorite,” says York County Libraries Youth Services Director Paula Gilbert. “He sweeps the audience right into the world of his puppet heroes who explore issues that children may encounter in real life. Seeing what the puppets do in an imaginary world provides a safe way for kids to figure out what they might do in similar situations. The shared experience also opens the door for parents to talk with their children about these things.”
“Alice and Jimmy’s Epic Rock Dream” puppet show will be performed on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, June 26, 10:30 am to 11:30 am – Jacobus | Village Library
- Tuesday, June 26, 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – Hellam | Kreutz Creek Library
- Tuesday, June 26, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Spring Grove | Glatfelter Memorial Library
- Wednesday, June 27, 10:30 am to 11:30 am – Stewartstown | Mason-Dixon Public Library
- Wednesday, June 27, 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – Glen Rock | Arthur Hufnagel Public Library of Glen Rock
- Wednesday, June 27, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Shrewsbury | Paul Smith Library of Southern York County
- Thursday, June 28, 10:30 am to 11:30 am – Dillsburg Area Public Library
- Thursday, June 28, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Etters | Red Land Community Library
- Thursday, June 28, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Hanover | Guthrie Memorial Library
- Friday, June 29, 10:30 am to 11:30 am – Dover Area Community Library
- Monday, July 2, 10:00 am to 11:00 am – York City | Martin Library
- Monday, July 2, 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – Brogue | Collinsville Community Library
- Monday, July 2, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Red Lion | Kaltreider-Benfer Library