SummerQuest is here! This year’s theme is A Universe of Stories, and we have hundreds of ways for you to explore. Pick up a registration packet on June 1st at our Kickoff events in Dover, Hanover, or Nixon Park (there’s a GO York! challenge in Nixon Park). If you can’t make it to Kickoff, just stop in to Kreutz CreekLibrary for your registration packet on or after June 1.
We also have the full newsletter available on our website at summerquest.yorklibraries.org, along with all the details about SummerQuest.
We’ll have hundreds of events all around York County for all ages, including:
- Teen Cupcake Wars (no baking required!)
- GO York! and Explore the Universe in local parks
- Events at the York County Planetarium (did you know York has a planetarium?)
Special events for this year at Kreutz Creek Library include:
- Local Heroes at the Library June 21 10:30-1130
- Listen to stories, check out their special work tools, and make a craft with the real people who work those jobs! All ages.
- Danger Club: Kevin Harnett from NASA August 13, 6:30-7:45
- Join the Danger Club as they welcome NASA scientist Kevin Harnett. Ages 9-12.
- Girl Scout STEM Mobile: Virtual Reality July 9 10am-12pm & 12:30-2pm
- Explore the moon and stars in virtual reality with the Girl Scouts’ STEM Mobile. Elementary and teen. Sign-up required.
Take the Challenge!
We have an 800-minute summer learning challenge. Track time spent reading books and do SummerQuest and GO York! activities—each counts as 20 minutes worth of reading.
Prizes are offered at 200, 400, and 600 minutes while supplies last. Everyone who hits 800 minutes gets a FREE ticket to a Revs game in York on Sunday, August 18!
Here’s a hint: don’t stop at 800 minutes!
Our most amazing prize, for the person with the highest total minutes will not only throw out the first pitch at the August 18 game, they’ll arrive to do it in style… BY HELICOPTER!
The SQ reader aged 5+ who clocks the MOST total minutes by 5pm on August 10 will be delivered to the pitcher’s mound at Revs Stadium by helicopter. (One of your parents/guardians rides along too!)
There are other chances to achieve “lift off:” if you log 800 minutes or more by 5pm August 10, you will be entered into a drawing to win a free helicopter ride on Saturday, August 17, 2019. One random winner per library. Must be 5 years old or older to ride the helicopter.
Sign Up Now!
You can register online or at Kreutz Creek Library. Get set up here. If you’ve used Beanstack for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten or last year’s SummerQuest, you can use your existing login information. Learn more about Beanstack on yorklibraries.org
Don’t have a library card for each reader in your family? Get one online or come in and sign up. (If you’ve lost yours, we can help you there too.)
A universe of stories lies ahead this summer. Don’t miss out on a single one!