Whether you work in an office, at home, or on the go it is important to find ways to make work more enjoyable to avoid burning out. For example, I kept my dinosaur helpers on my desk even after Dinovember was over for 2020 because they make me smile and enjoy my work as a Library Assistant even more.
If you would like to brighten up your workspace, try including some of the following:
- Photos of family, friends, or pets
- Something you collect
- Fresh or artificial flowers
- Cards from loved ones
- Holiday decorations
- Supplies in your favorite color or design
- A fun calendar or one with daily jokes
- Trophies or awards
- Sports memorabilia
- Anything that makes you smile!
Please feel free to share with us how you make your work more fun!
-Paul Smith Library of Southern York County staff