We care. We listen. And we take time to respond.
Robert F. Lambert started in his role as York County Libraries President just a few years ago. Since then, he has consistently taken time to visit library locations countywide. Most importantly, he wants to hear what community members want and need from their libraries. Joining him are members of the library leadership team. They are also invested in understanding how libraries can best serve our ever-changing communities in relevant and impactful ways. This year, Robert and the team are launching a new series called Community Conversations. They will be visiting libraries across the county through November to listen to your voices, and to share how community input has spurred library projects and strategic priorities.
How Will You Answer These Questions?
To fuel this year’s Community Conversations, Robert and team want to know your answers to these questions:
- What do you love about your library?
- What would 100% success look like for your library?
- How can your library get to that 100% mark?
- How can York County Libraries support you in your journey in life and learning?
At the end of 2019, a report summarizing community answers will be shared online. Ready to share your answers now? Click here to take our online survey.
Join Us for Community Conversations.
We hope to hear from you during the 2019 Community Conversations series. Please join us at one or more of the following events:
- Wednesday, February 20, 7:00 p.m. Kaltreider-Benfer Library, Red Lion *Weather Cancellation
- Monday, February 25, 7:00 p.m. Guthrie Memorial Library, Hanover
- Thursday, May 23, 7:00 p.m. Dover Area Community Library, Dover
- Thursday, June 6, 7:00 p.m. Paul Smith Library of Southern York County, Shrewsbury
- Tuesday, September 24, 7:00 p.m. Guthrie Memorial Library, Hanover
- Wednesday, September 25, 7:00 p.m. Kaltreider-Benfer Library, Red Lion
- Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 p.m. Dover Area Community Library, Dover
- Thursday, November 21, 7:00 p.m. Paul Smith Library of Southern York County, Shrewsbury
Do You Know this About Our YCL President?
YCL President Robert F. Lambert serves as a member of the Governor’s Advisory Council on Library Development. He was appointed to this position by Governor Tom Wolf. One of the key priorities of the council is workforce development. We are extremely proud of Robert for achieving this honor and representing York County Libraries at the state level!