York County Libraries will extend its temporary shift to pickup and online services only at most* YCL locations. This pause of in-person browsing will last until it is safe to resume broader library services. (Learn more about York County’s COVID-19 rates here.)
Since the initial statewide closure in March, YCL has been working hard to be flexible while making library visits safe and healthy. The current health climate means that right now, we need to continue these increased mitigation measures for a short time.
*Note: Guthrie Memorial Library–Hanover’s Public Library will allow limited in-person browsing starting Jan 11. Computer access is also available on a by-appointment-only basis at this location. Contact Guthrie Library directly for more information:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 717.632.5183
- Social media message: Guthrie Memorial Library Facebook Page
What you can still do:
- Place holds online or by phone & pick them up when they’re ready
- Request book bundles on a subject for your young reader (available most locations)
- Return items in the bookdrops (will stay on card for 10 days’ quarantine)
- Check out eBooks and eAudios on Axis360, Hoopla, BookFLIX, and TrueFLIX
- Check out digital movies, graphic novels, and music albums on Hoopla
- Sign up for an upcoming online program like “Songs of Joy, Hope, and Freedom” with Reggie Harris on Jan 17
- Rent a Hotspot for home use (available on a first come, first served basis; no holds). $20 for 4 weeks of unlimited internet access.
- Learn trustworthy, unbiased info about many topics in our 80 online databases for all ages
- Get homework help
- Teens: join our Discord server and hang out virtually
- Prep for class, tests, or a new career
- Learn a new language with Rocket Languages
- Check out hundreds of online programs on our YouTube channel
- Sign up for a new or replacement library card online
- Go in to the building* to browse the shelves
- Use the restrooms
- Use the computers*, printers, copiers, or fax
*Guthrie Memorial Library has limited access to these services
YCL is following the guidelines of the Offices of Commonwealth Libraries, the Governor, the PA Health Department, and the CDC. Masks and social distancing are required when picking up materials. Visitors age two and older, are required to wear masks or appropriate face coverings. Anyone who is unable to wear a mask should contact their library to discuss alternative service options.
For more details, including building hours, visit open.yorklibraries.org.