is one of York County Libraries e-branch services. It has more than 750,000 ebooks, e-audiobooks, movies, TV episodes, and graphic novels, all available for free with your YCL card. On Hoopla, there’s never a wait time or a hold list. Every month, you’ll find a new theme to help you browse the newest items!
On Hoopla you can check out
- Ebooks, e-audiobooks, and graphic novels for 21 days
- Music albums for 7 days
- Movies and TV episodes for 72 hours.
There is currently a limit of 3 Hoopla checkouts per calendar month. If you check out your 3 items before the month’s end, you’ll have to wait until the 1st to check out additional items on Hoopla. However, you can still browse through current items and add things to your favorites list for checkout later.
Updates are coming!
Just in time for those long summer car rides, Hoopla is refreshing its apps.
Here’s what’s coming with the update:
- iOS users (iPhones, iPads, and other Apple products) will need to accept the new Terms and Conditions after the Hoopla app updates.
- Audiobooks just got dreamier! A new Sleep timer allows you to drift off to sleep while your audiobook plays—and you can set just how long or short you want the audiobook to keep playing.
- Kids Mode is go! You’ll now be able to turn on Kids Mode directly from the MyHoopla page with the tap of a button. Kids Mode limits search results to only show child-friendly items, so you can safely let your children find their next read by themselves!
- Newly designed title cards: Tap on a title. The cover of the item and selected information about it (like file format and size) will show on a new title card designed for smaller displays.
If you’re already a Hoopla user, great! We hope you enjoy the tuned-up experience.
If you haven’t started exploring it, Hoopla is compatible with most smartphones and newer tablets; check your App or Play Store for the Hoopla Digital app. Or get started on an Internet-connected computer at hoopladigital.com. (You’ll need an email address and your York County Libraries card to get started.)
Need more technology in your life?
Have questions about our e-branch, cell phone apps, or technology in general? Check out TechTime, our traveling educational service, happening Thursdays across all 13 York County Libraries. Find out when TechTime is happening at your local library here.