We care. We listen. And we take time to respond.
Since Robert F. Lambert started in his role as York County Libraries President just a few years ago, he has consistently taken time to visit library locations countywide. He wants to hear what community members want and need from their libraries. Joining him are members of the library leadership team who are also invested in learning how libraries can best serve our everchanging communities in relevant, impactful ways. This year Robert and the team are launching a new series called Community Conversations. They will be visiting libraries quarterly across the county now through November to listen and to share how community input has spurred library projects and strategic priorities.
How Will You Answer These Questions?
To fuel this year’s Community Conversations dialogue, Robert and team want to know your answers to the following questions:
- What do you love about your library?
- What would 100% success look like for your library?
- What would it take to get your library there?
- How can York County Libraries walk alongside you in your journey in life and learning?
At the end of 2019, a report summarizing community answers will be shared online. Ready to share your answers now? Click here.
Join Us for Community Conversations.
We hope to hear from you during the 2019 Community Conversations series. Please join us at one or more of the following events:
- Wednesday, February 20, 7:00 p.m. Kaltreider-Benfer Library, Red Lion *Weather Cancellation
- Monday, February 25, 7:00 p.m. Guthrie Memorial Library, Hanover
- Thursday, May 23, 7:00 p.m. Dover Area Community Library, Dover
- Thursday, June 6, 7:00 p.m. Paul Smith Library of Southern York County, Shrewsbury
- Tuesday, September 24, 7:00 p.m. Guthrie Memorial Library, Hanover
- Wednesday, September 25, 7:00 p.m. Kaltreider-Benfer Library, Red Lion
- Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 p.m. Dover Area Community Library, Dover
- Thursday, November 21, 7:00 p.m. Paul Smith Library of Southern York County, Shrewsbury
Do You Know this About Our YCL President?
YCL President Robert F. Lambert serves as a member of the Governor’s Advisory Council on Library Development. He was appointed by Governor Tom Wolf, and one of the key priorities of the council is workforce development. We are extremely proud of Robert for achieving this honor and representing York County Libraries at the state level!